Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Indelible and Unfinished by Shae Scott Reviews

Rating: 3.75 Stars

Synopsis: 

in·del·i·ble: (adjective) 
Making marks that cannot be removed.
Not able to be forgotten or removed
Permanent, lasting, ingrained, enduring, unforgettable, haunting


     Some people stay with you. Sometimes love won’t let go. Some marks on the heart cannot be erased. 

     When Owen walked away from Ally he thought he was doing what was best for her. That’s what he told himself. It was a decision that he regretted instantly. Now, he has to figure out how too change his ways and win her back. This will be the hardest fight of his life. But she is worth it. She is everything.

     Ally isn’t the same girl that Owen left six months ago. She shut down. It was survival. She can’t go back. She can’t let him back in. Losing him was too hard to go through the first time. But he keeps showing up, saying all the right words, doing all the right things. Will she be able to resist him? Can a person really change? Is he worth the risk to find out?


Review: 

     Note: This is book two and cannot be read as a standalone. 

          "Getting over love like that is hard, if not impossible. It marks you. An indelible mark that cannot be erased. It shapes who you are from that moment forward."

     So this is book two and book one is Unfinished which came out last year and was one of my top ten reads of 2014. It just stuck with me.This is a good follow up. But it was a little difficult because what I loved about Ally was her fearlessness; her ability to just keep pushing on and go for the chance at love and fight for it. THAT was what made me love Unfinished so much. But that was missing in this book. But that is the point of the book. 

     Owen ruined Ally. She was open and positive and after he hurt her so much he ruined what was so great about her. Shae Scott did a fantastic job of portraying that in this book. There was such a drastic change in Ally. I loved the concept of the title. It is truly fitting. Owen made a mark on Ally that is permanent and lasting. 

     It's interesting to see such a huge role reversal. Owen is now the one sticking it through with Ally no matter how much she resists. But Ally's attempts at resisting are kind of lacking strength anyway. She would talk a big game, but was acting completely different and hanging out with him anyways. It was a little frustrating. She would say she just wants to forget him but then would hang out with him all the time. 

     So as much as I loved Ally in the first book, she wasn't my favorite person in this book. Sometimes I asn't sure who I was most frustrated with: Ally or Owen. Ally for the way she so naively kept ignoring Owen wanting to talk about what happened or Owen for not just freaking saying the truth. I feel like we would have missed out on a lot of drama is Owen was like "listen lady ... this is what happened!! Now stop being a baby and just listen!!" Also, I'm still a little peeved at Owen for the way he ended the last book! Haha! Dumb butthead!! 

    So overall, it was a sweet and romantic story and I still love Ally and Owen, but it was a little but of a let down after reading the wonder that was Unfinished!! I will definitely be checking back with the author to read anymore books that come out. Maybe a book about Cassie and Cooper??? Enjoy!! 


Unfinished (Book 1)

Rating: 4.5 Stars


Synopsis: 

Sometimes life begins with a second chance.

     On graduation night, Ally Montgomery walked away from her best friend, Owen. One night changed them forever. One night, one decision to cross the line of friendship, one decision to walk away.

She never forgot him.

Ten years later, Owen finds her.

And this time, they're not letting anything go unfinished.


Review: 

     I really really enjoyed this book. That is why I needed to take some time to get over my frustration with the fact that it ended on a "to be continued ..." type ending. It was so good and I can't wait for the next book to come out. I will be sure to read it. 


     So other than the unresolved ending this book was a great read and I really enjoyed it. More than I enjoyed other books I read. I have read a lot of books lately that are those super fast fall in love books and I just sometimes want to read about a relationship that I can believe is happening out in the world somewhere. This book gave it to me. I believed Ally and Owen's relationship. I read the book in less than two days but felt like I had spent the months with them. Ally was a fun character. She was a strong woman and also open to possibilities. A lot of times you get this jaded character who is closed off through over half the book, but with Ally we get this woman who is enjoying what she can with a man it may or may not work with. But she remains positive and I love that. What this leads to is a book focused on the relationship growing into something the reader can fall in love with. It was just a refreshing read with a fantastic heroine. 


     I also love Owen in this book. I feel like he is a character we can all relate to. He wants this relationship to work but he has been so committed to a single goal in life it is hard to let go or change paths. Sometimes it is easier to stay with the devil you know rather than the one you don't. I think most people have been faced with a decision similar to this. 


     I love the way the double POV was done. We got the present in Ally's POV and the past in Owen's. It was something I hadn't seen before, but you were still able to really understand each person's feelings toward each other despite the time the thoughts took place. 
Overall, it was a great book and I will definitely be reading the next one when it comes out. The ending is not resolved, but the book was worth it. If you don't like unresolved endings then I would just wait for the second one, but don't miss out on this amazing read! 

P.S. Ally's definition of the one night they kissed in the barn is one hell of an understatement!! I loved it!!! Whew!! Smokin'!!!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment