Monday, July 27, 2015

Dangerous Desire by Sebastian Ex Reivew

4 Stars
My name is Brandon Edwards. Men like me don’t come along often. I'm a gentleman, a lover, a protector, and a Dominant. I've never been the type who can – or even wants to – commit to a woman…until I met Penny a couple of years ago. Since then, we've been in a committed relationship. I adore and cherish her.

Penny has a darkness inside her, a yearning for extreme pain. But I don’t want that for her, nor can I give her what she’s so desperate for. Her craving has led her down risky paths, and it’s my job to keep her off those now.

There’s a dangerous desire lurking within all of us. But when does wanting more become too much?
“Strength comes from within. We aren’t shown it; we aren’t taught it. Some of us seek it, some of us need it, but all of us have it. And it’s times like this that make you dig deep for your own strength.”

This was another great book from Sebastian Ex. The first book was about Matthew and it really surprised me how much i loved that book by the end. This one was different all together, but that is because Brandon is different all together. I think the quote above covers who he is pretty well. He is the softer side to the duo. And while Matthew has his softer side, it took us a while to see it. Brandon was sweet right off the bat. 

At first I hadn't read the synopsis in a while so I started the book off not really knowing what was going on. It was a difference experience and one I enjoyed. Who was he going to be with? It made the progression between him and Penny so much more realistic. I really enjoyed watching their relationship. It was a steamy book, but also very tame. 

Penny was a great character I enjoyed. She was a strong woman who knew what she wanted out of life. I really enjoyed reading back about her past and her discovery of becoming a submissive. I love how she accepted who she was. I loved how Brandon did what he needed to to take care of her.  

Once again this book was written in a male POV and I liked hearing from Brandon. There was one off chapter from Penny's POV which threw me off, but not enouhg to really bother me. 

Overall, the book was a quick fun read with a good amount of tension. I'm really keeping my eye out for what Sebastian has coming out next! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment