Sunday, April 5, 2015

Incandescent/ Affliction/ Reclaimed (Knights Rebels MC) by River Savage Reviews


Rating: 4.75 Stars

Synopsis: 

     Phoenix ‘Nix’ Knight thought pulling his club out of the illegal shit his Pops got them into was difficult. 

Until he meets Kadence. 

     Kadence Turner has no business lusting over a student’s father, especially the president of the Knights Rebels MC. Nix is crass, obnoxious and dangerously sexy and for some reason, Kadence can’t seem to hate him for it. The bossy biker breaks down her defenses, but unlike the old Kadence, the woman she is today won’t give in without a fight. 

     The tension is undeniable, the attraction fierce. A man that wants what he wants and a woman that will fight him every step of the way.

     I gave this book a 4.75. I probably would have given it a 4.5 for a few eye-roll moments, but my goodness, NIx and his dirty talk was just so delicious I can't even remember any of them. 

     I liked this book. It was a pretty easy read, but it had a lot to it. It's not a book that will challenge you or destroy you, it will entertain you and make you all kinds of hot and bothered. You get a good realistic love story (no insta-love), a suspenseful story that doesn't pull any punches. It's harsh and not sugar coated and I appreciate an author that takes it all the way. It makes it more realistic. People got hurt, but they got better and, in the end, the good guy wins. 

     So, the main hero in this book is rough around the edges Nix. If you don't have a thing for guys in motorcycle clubs, then you will after meeting Nix. He is sweet, but demanding and sexy as hell. And have I mentioned his mouth? Mmmm ... You get your first glimpse of him with his son, Z. And it is just so sweet and endearing that you are immediately drawn in. He is just a sexy character. 

     The heroine, Kadence, is also a like-able character. You know immediately from the prologue that she has been through a lot and you get to hear more about it as the story continues, which just makes her a more endearing person. She is portrayed as so strong and I love that she is as strong as she is despite the struggle. Which makes me love her best friend Holly because she pushed Kadence to get better. When Kadence gets together with Nix she gives just as good as she gets. She doesn't allow herself to be bossed around, but that always turns Nix on more so it leads to more sexy time. Woo Hoo!! Probably the only thing I didn't find very realistic is that Kadence is grade school teacher and she doesn't really act a lot like it. I would expect her to act a little more reserved around town because of her position. It's a small issue. 

     Probably one of the most successful aspects of this book is that as sexy as it was and as much dirty talk as there was, it didn't because overwhelming like a lot of books can. I didn't feel the need to skip sex scenes because it was happening so much. You knew it was happening a lot but it wasn't thrown in your face and shoved down your throat. There as just so much successful about this story. There was so much to it and I loved every part of it!!


Rating: 4.25 Stars

Synopsis: 

     Three little words are all it takes to rip his world apart. Lost in his own affliction, Sy has been living in a darkness that he doesn't ever want to let go of. 

     Until she arrives and shines her light so bright that nothing else mattered.

     She was only in it for the chase, for the thrill of capturing the unattainable.


     But what happens when her world shatters around her, spiraling her into the darkness beside him?

Can his affliction be her resurrection?
     

     Or will two lost souls living in the depths of deception let it destroy them?

     This book has locked in my love for River Savage. I will forever on click her books. Especially if they are from the Knights Rebels Series. I loved Nix and Kadence in book one and had already fallen in love with Holly and Sy. 

     This is book two of the series and has a lot of carry over from book one, but I feel like it could be read as a stand alone ... but I wouldn't recommend it because you would be missing an amazing story in Incandescent. But there is enough recap to be ok. I just really loved the progression of Holly and Sy's relationship in the beginning. I loved how forceful Holly was and went after what she wanted. And I LOVED even more when Sy finally gave in to Holly. 

     There is one thing that the men of this series can do right and that is dirty talk. Oh, mother of all things holy, can they dirty talk. It is wonderful and dirty and I. LOVE. IT!! Halfway through, Holly goes through an event that changes her. I think River does and amazing job of showing the drastic change and her struggle to make her way back to who she is. While Incandescent wasn't an overly emotional read, Affliction definitely is. It pulls at the heart string and makes the eyes water. Between Holly's struggle and Sy's struggle it tore me apart.

     But in the best way. I was always rooting for Holly and Sy and they didn't disappoint. Towards the middle and the end it moved a little but slower than I wanted but I still loved the book and the characters. It was good to get to know all the characters more and I really feel like we are being set up to love all the other bikers from the MC. I eagerly look forward to the rest of the books in this series and will not hesitate to pre-order. Enjoy!

Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis: 

     When the woman you love is lost, how hard will you fight to get her back? 

     Following the birth of her daughter, Kadence Knight finds herself in a battle she never prepared for. With desperation and unhappiness threatening to overwhelm her, a sense of hopelessness pulls her away from the one thing she has always longed for: a family. 

     As Nix watches his wife struggle with something he doesn't understand, he can't help but feel disconnected to his woman. The Kadence he once knew has drifted into the darkness. In her place is a shadow of the woman she once was, one who is fearful of the impossible...failing their daughter. 

     This Valentine’s Day, Nix has one goal — to reclaim the woman who gave him everything. 

*Please note this is a novella and features the characters from the previous storyline. 
     The events of Reclaimed take place after Incandescent and Affliction. Book one and two in the Knights Rebels MC. 
     To get the full advantage of the story, and character development, I strongly suggest you read in order.

     Wow ... this book was really powerful for a novella. Maybe because I've been where Kadence has been. The struggle with a fussy baby for reasons unknown and feeling inadequate. In the scene where Kadence nurses Harlow it could have been me. For that reason, I love this book. 

     Overall, it was a great story. I love Nix and Kadence ... LOVE. THEM! And I loved getting reconnected with these characters again. It had equal parts emotional and funny all mixed up in one. I loved seeing how much Kadence and Nix love each other and how Nix will stick by Kadence no matter what. I love seeing that he will do *anything* for her, also. Haha!! 

     And then the end was just as steamy as you remember. I missed Nix's dirty mouth just as much as Kadence did and I was damn happy to have it back. This books is a full story with a hell of a lot of tease for the books next to come. I don't know who's book I am more looking forward to ... Jessie or Beau's. It's definitely worth the every cent to read and enjoy this story
.

No comments:

Post a Comment