Saturday, November 15, 2014

Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward Review

Rating: 4.75 Stars

Synopsis: 

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. 

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. 

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. 
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. 
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him.

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. 

It had been years since I’d seen Elec. 

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. 

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 


Review: 

Have you ever lost your orgasm?

Could you imagine how amazing it would be when you got it back? 

     That was this book for me ... It was like getting my orgasm back! I have been without a book that makes me want to finish it within a day; a book that makes me want to stay up late until my eyes burn from exhaustion; a book that makes my heart race; that makes me laugh and cry. I have been without a book that has made me want to shout from the rooftops how EFFING FANTASTIC IT WAS!!! The other books were still ok; still enjoyable. Just not satisfying. This book gave me all of that. This book gave me my orgasm back. 

     So here I am shouting from far and wide: "THIS BOOKS IS EFFING AWESOME! FANTASTIC! FUNNY! SWEET! AMAZING!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME?!?!?! ... EPIC!!

     This book is in two parts: Part one is Greta and Elec when they were teenagers and then part two is when they meet up again seven years later. I would have to say part one is my favorite ... but at the same time, part two is phenomenal also. It is all just so good. 

     Elec is just sexy. I am one of those people that likes the bad gay that wants to change for the good girl. This was different though. He didn't just look at Greta and go "I will have her." He acknowledged his attraction to her and their relationship grew in a different way. I liked the teasing banter between them. It was hilarious at times. It was so sexy at others. Elec comes to meet Greta when he is a teen and is hot in the tattooed, bad boy persona that sleeps around. When they meet again after the time apart he is mature. I liked that we got to see him mature into a man all on his own. It is just a different take on being the "bad boy." 

     Greta is just sweet. I definitely enjoyed her reaction to Elec during their banter. She didn't back down. I really liked her honesty about how she felt for Elec. I could feel her embarrassment and upset when he called her out on it, but I could also feel the excitement and heat when she was attracted to him. It was just so ridiculously sexy. The side characters played the role they needed within the book but they weren't over done. So you ended up with a story that was really just focused on their relationship. 

     The other aspect I liked about the book was that in most books there is this build up to sex and then there is ... more sex. Some more sex, followed by more sex and, believe it or not, it can become redundant. There was actually only a couple sex scenes ... but HOT DAMN!!! If you asked me to describe this book, sexy would be one of the first words out of my mouth. I mean, I had to sit the book down for a bit ... I thought I was going to need a cigarette afterwards.


               “I want to give you a choice depending on what you’re in the mood for.” 
                       “Okay.” 
                  “We can go find the nearest hotel, and I can make love to you in a bed or...” 
                           “Okay. Or?” 
                                        “Or we can go outside right now and fuck hard in that alley.”



 It was SO. Freaking. GOOD!!! Also, the book is from Greta's POV, however in part two we get a recap of Elec's story and his POV of these situations. That was also why I didn't give it a full five stars. It became repetitive to me. This is a personal preference. I'm not a fan of follow up books written from the male's POV after I've already read it from the girl's POV. It's definitely just me. And at the same time I absolutely loved reading events from Elec's POV ... What can I say ... I'm a complicated lady! 

Overall ... just go buy this book. NOW.... RIGHT FREAKING NOW!!! 


Amazon

Nook
Penelope on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment