Thursday, April 2, 2015

Just A Little Flirt by Renita Pizzitola Review


4.75 Stars
Saying yes has always come easy for Fallon. Now, in Renita Pizzitola’s steamy, poignant new novel, winning her dream job means saying no to the guy she wants the most.

Between all the parties and random hook-ups, Fallon Carr is this close to flunking out of college. But her internship working with pediatric patients means the world to her—especially since, at the end of the summer, one lucky intern will be offered a paid position. Determined to leave her bad reputation behind, Fallon even takes a bet that she won’t sleep with anyone from work. But there’s one little catch. . . .

Not only is Cade Ryan the hottest guy Fallon has ever laid eyes on, he’s a therapy dog handler who volunteers his time to visit kids at the hospital. So when he starts pursuing her, Fallon can’t believe her bad timing. The thing is, Cade is different. He’s not like the college guys who see her as a one-night stand, or the high-school boyfriend who took a part of her she can never get back. Cade genuinely wants to spend time with her—and not just between the sheets.

Fallon won’t let her growing feelings for Cade get in the way of her dreams. Besides, no guy can break down the walls she put up long ago. So what’s the harm in a little flirting? It’s not like she’s falling in love. But she may have seriously underestimated how complicated things can get when the perfect guy falls for her first

          “Cade, getting lost in someone else can be such a scary thing, but I want you to know with you it’s not so scary because I also feel . . .” I searched for the right word, something that could accurately express the way he made me feel, weightless and safe all at the same time. And then it came to me. “Anchored.”   

  I was so excited when I saw that Renita Pizzitola was coming out with a second book in her series. And I really love stand alone series. And I LOVED Just a Little Crush. It was everything my heart could want at the time. This one did the same thing for me. It made me want to read it at every free moment I had and think about it when I couldn't read it. 

     I have desperately been looking for an easy fun read. Something New Adult, preferable college and this book was exactly what I needed. I wasn't too sure about Fallon in Just a Little Crush, but she is just an awesome character. Who says a girl can't go around and enjoy herself in college just like most of the bad boy guys we read about. I loved hearing about how honest she was with it. I wasn't sure I would love a hard partying girl who slept with a lot of guys, but I was wrong and I loved her. She was perfect in her normalness and in realizing how her actions effect others. I feel like that is a main theme in this book is how your actions can effect others. 

          “Your heart.” I glanced up and he ran his finger down my cheek. “You may say you turn off emotions but I see you. Like when you’re talking with the kids at work, in those unguarded moments I see your heart and it’s beautiful.”

     Then there is Cade .... Oh, sweet, sexy, funny Cade. He was a perfect match for Fallon. She had some serious insecurities throughout, which at times could be annoying. But Cade was perfect for her. He always called her out on her insecurities and made light of the situations. Oh man, I was laughing pretty hard at some points. He was hilarious. And he was forward and sexy. I liked that he took some initiative and I just liked the vibe I got from the characters. 

          I tried to catch my breath as Cade pulled my panties back up. But holy shit. That had been fucking amazing. Tossing my arm over my head, I mumbled, “Oh my God.” 
          “No need to get all formal. You can still just call me Cade.”

     Overall, I think I liked this book in its simplicity of being a normal story. Nothing tragic or devastating is waiting around the corner, but it is still entertaining and has its drama moments. It was just a great book and an easy read. I loved the characters and I can't wait to read Mason's story next. 

          “Size two. No exact matches. Summer clothes. Nothing slutty. Shorts. Dresses. No pants.” 
           I turned and stared at him. “Wait, she said nothing slutty?” 
          He chuckled. “I just threw that in to see if you were really paying attention. You kind of had that glazed-over storegasm look.”
          My lips parted. “Did you just say ‘storegasm’?”
          With a sheepish grin he looked down, then glanced back up. “My sister calls it that. I swear it’s not my word. Like when she walks into her favorite store or finds a sale, she says it’s better than . . .” He looked away. “I think I’m just going to shut up now.”

No comments:

Post a Comment