Monday, April 20, 2015

Pretty Pink Ribbons by KL Grayson Review

Jena's: 5/5 Stars
Can be read as a standalone novel 
**Contains sensitive subject matters** 

Dying . . . 
Dead . . . 
Deceased . . . 

It doesn’t matter how many times I say it or how many different names I give it, it still means the same thing. One of these days I’ll be nothing but a passing memory, a familiar face in a forgotten photo. But there are three things I need before this life of mine ends . . . 

I need to tell him I love him more than life itself. 
I need to feel the strength of his arms wrapped around me just one more night. 
Most of all, I need him to forgive me. 

Eight years ago I broke the heart of the only man I’ve ever loved and today I’m moving home in hopes that he’ll let me put it back together. I’m not sure how many breaths I have left, but I’ll use each and every last one fighting for what I destroyed. 

My name is Laney Jacobs and this is my journey. 
Jena's Review:

     This book ... this book  *sigh* ... What do I say about such a phenomenal book? I fell in love with KL Grayson when she came along in a book club and asked for people to review her book. It will forever be one of the best decisions I have ever made in my book journey. I read Where We Belong and I loved it, so when Pretty Pink Ribbons came along and my man Levi was in it, I knew it would be another book I would love. Man was I wrong. 

     


      Love isn't a strong enough word for what I feel for this book. It is so much more than that. This story moved me and attached to my emotions in a much deeper way. I'm not going to lie, I was expecting some hot steamy dirty talk loving from Levi. He was a fun loving sexy guy in Where We Belong. My goodness ... he is so much more than that in this book. He has so much to give and I understand how he became the way he is. Don't get me wrong ... there was a good amount of hot steamy dirty talk loving going on. He is still Levi. LOL! But he is also so much more! 


     I love his relationship with Laney and the prologue does a great job of setting up the story. I loved watching them reconnect again. I loved watching them fall in love again. Or at least admit their love again. Once again, I loved the side characters again. This is me DYING to read Benny's story!! So don't get too excited about Benny while reading this because I've already claimed him at mine. MINE!!! LOL! 





     But I think the thing that made this book so unique was Laney and her battle with cancer (I don't think I am giving anything away, since the title is Pretty Pink Ribbons - Breast Cancer.) She is an amazing woman and I think that is why I connected to this story on such a deeper level. This isn't just a romance. I understood her as a woman and the emotional battle of what she was dealing with losing as a woman. Gosh, jut writing this reminds of all the emotions that welled up from this story. There are so many powerful moments that will forever be part of my memory. 


    The story is so beautifully written and KL digs deep to make you understand every aspect of it. I will forever love her for this beautiful, heart wrenching story. I will never hesitate to one-click/ pre- order her books. He talent for writing a story in a way that drags you in is remarkable and I can NOT wait for next books to come. ... ENJOY!! .... But seriously ... Benny is mine!! ;) 

  


    P.S. Bear with me on all the teasers ... I highlighted the hell out of this book and needed to make them all into teasers!!! ALL. OF. THEM!!!!




Sanzana's Review: 

Damn, well, would you look at all those teasers from above! That's great for me, since I haven't made any of my own teasers for this book.

Pretty Pink Ribbons is about a girl with cancer, but it isn't just about that. Like Whitney Barbetti's Ten Below Zero, I was afraid to read it, since I don't do well with cancer related stories. PPR is written through the eyes of a girl with cancer and then man who's heart belongs to her and only her. 

Yeah, sorry guys, Levi is mine.
Levi is the definition of the kind of man everyone would dream to date and marry. I don't know anyone who has had cancer but the way Laney would describe her journey through her struggles made me want to reach over and hug her. It made me feel terrible, but most importantly, it made this book real.

Levi was Laney's rock. He supported her. Made her feel even though she couldn't, even though she wouldn't. He didn't treat her differently. His love was only stronger. Levi is the perfect example of what a girl needs when she's going through a hard time, and KL created him. Beautifully, in fact. 

Speaking of KL, this woman is amazing. It shows how much she knows about cancer and every one of her feelings when her sister had to fight her battle. She showed us that women are incredibly strong people, even if they don't have muscles to prove it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment