Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Filthy Desire by Sebastian Ex Review

4 Stars
My name is Matthew Weston. Don't call me anything else, because I won't respond. And if you think you can get away with whimpering ‘Matt’ while I have you tied to the bed, about to devour you, it'll end up being your loss.
Men like me don't talk about feelings. We just don't.
What men like me do is pound. I pound the asphalt with my running shoes on morning runs. I pound a punching bag in the gym until my knuckles bleed. And when I need a release, I find a beautiful woman sprawled out on her bed, eagerly waiting for my cock, and pound her into oblivion. Yeah, that's me. I don't have feelings, and I don't do love.
At least I didn't, until the night Ella walked into my office looking like a disgusting junky to interview for a position for The Onyx Club.
She was like no one I'd ever met before. She was timid, reserved, and quite plain with her mousy brown hair and dirty clothes. Ella also had a dark and haunted gleam in her eye. A secret, a past she was desperate to conceal.
And when she called me ‘Matt’ it didn't seem to bother me.
She came into my life and turned it upside down. The only question is, can I screw her out of my system, or will my filthy desire for her keep her by my side?
"The devil's dances on my body and clawed his way through my veins. If I can endure the things he did to me, I can sleep with the door unlocked. Goodnight, Matt." - Ella

     So I'm giving this book 4 stars because I thought I was going to have to force myself to finish this in the beginning. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't capturing my attention. Then all of a sudden I found myself getting into it. Then I'm at 55% ... then I'm at 94% and I'm so amazed at the development within the characters. I'm sorry .... is this the same Matthew as I read in the first chapter??? No ... not even close. And I loved it.

          "I'd never let that happen. I'll always find you wherever you are and bring you back to me. Even the devil himself couldn't keep you away." - Matt

     I don't think I've ever read a character transition from a full on A-hole, who I was seriously questioning, to me unquestioningly believing his love for a woman. And actually liking him. It just snuck up on me and it worked. It was a good story. It handled the BDSM in a very mature way. I think I find this so shocking because Matthew is so far from seeming like he would handle anything maturely. He seems like he would just take and care about himself. Well he took care of Ella and I believed their relationship. I liked it. I liked the progression. 


          "I stoke her neck, and can feel her pulse calming as she mewls softly and curls into me. Her arms clutch my body. She's holding on to me the way a shipwrecked person would hold on to a buoy in turbulent seas. She needs me to be her strength, to encourage her and bring her back to the land of the living." - Matt

     The downfall of this book is the beginning. It is a little unbelievable and you start to question whether this is just going to be a book about sex and be graphic and tasteless. Well, it does have a good amount of sex in it, and it is graphic, but it is in the best way. Just push through that initial hump and I promise it will be worth it. 

     Also, there were some errors. She's behind a desk, but he sees her puffy eyes??? He gets up and walks around his desk, but then he stands up and his chair hits the wall?? It threw me off a bit. There are some minor editing issues, but not enough to make me bothered by it. Then there was just little things that weren't realistic. Basic things that should be correct. We can imagine, we can embellish to make a story, but keep the easy things true so I don't get caught up. Let's be honest here. No woman will ever get a haircut, color, eyebrow waxing, and facial for $85 ... not even at Great Clips. And then he buys shampoo and conditioner and a hair dryer for almost $200 .... Where are you?? I think it was more personal ... but it bothered me. 

     So I'm telling you ... get past that beginning and just love the end. It really is a very good book. It's quick and the story is really complete in the end. I was very satisfied


No comments:

Post a Comment