Monday, March 2, 2015

Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway

Rating: 5/5 Stars! 
Synopsis: 
Step right up and meet Jay Fields: Illusionist. Mentalist. Trickster.

I think in triangles. You think in straight lines.
I show you a table and make you believe it’s a chair.
Smoke and mirrors, sleight of hand, misdirection. I trick and deceive.
But most of all, I put on a good show.


The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn’t. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.
Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us.
She doesn’t remember me, but she’s the reason for everything. She’ll be my prize at the end of all this – if I can hold onto my willpower, that is. Maybe I’ll slip up a little, have a taste, just a small one.

So go ahead and pick a card. Come inside and see the show. Look at my hands, look so closely that you can’t see what’s happening while you’re so focused on looking. I’ll be destroying your world from right here in the spotlight.

You’ll never see me coming until it’s too late.
I’ve only got one heart, and after I’ve pulled off my grand deception I’ll hand it right to her.

So, sit back, relax, and let my girl tell you our story. You’re in for one hell of a ride.

Okay, so I read this book many months ago, before I was a blogger and I haven't gotten to writing a review for this. But I think that since L.H.'s second book comes out next week, I thought I'd let you guys in on why I love this series so much.

|"It's an egg," I say stating the obvious.
Jay nods. "Just keep watching." He passes his hand over it once, and it starts to crack, like maybe there's a tiny chick inside. Then he passes his hand over the top of it again, and it cracks completely open. I gasp with surprise as five gorgeous red and black butterflies with white spots practically explode from the shell..." |

So first. That summary? Yeah, that got me going so hard. I remember telling myself, "Sanzana, you really, really need to read this book." I could just tell that this is going to be one of those books. And it was.
I've been entering LH's giveaways but I may just have to buy an unsigned copy for my bookshelves. I physically need her book there, my life will be partially complete. 

Anywho. Jay. Jay Fields. He managed to swoop inside my head and somehow manage to take a part of my heart with him. I've never read about a man as phenomenal as he is. The way LH's writes, oh my dear lord bear with me here, I literally felt like Jay was in front of me, preforming his tricks live. I was left in awe, and mystery. Can I please just have him?

|"Did you just pick the fucking lock?" I gasp, wrapping the towel around my body.
"Another of my many talents." Jay replies.

"You're overstepping the line."

His tone dark - reprimanding, almost. "Oh, so now there's a line. You just let me listen to you masturbate, darlin'." |

He's so, fun-loving, confident, sexy, and very, very smart. And he is in love with Matilda. 

Matilda is an icon. Beautiful, kind, and so full of life. It's no wonder Jay fell for her.

They knew each other for a period in time when they were kids, but Matilda doesn't know it's him until the end. Even so, she falls head over heels in love with him. 

I think it was the combination of the sexy, love scenes plus the illusionary mysery parts of this book that I really, really adored. I fell in love with this book and LH will forever be my number one author. This is a lot of praise for someone, even though I love so so many other authors and their books. But god, this book. It was perfect. 

| Using his thighs, he makes short work of parting my legs and situating himself between them. Still with our gazes connected, he slowly thrusts forward, his hard cock in his lounge pants pushing flush against my sex. 
His eyes flicker back and forth between mine. "Yeah, this is definitely going to be a problem." He says it so low it feels like he's talking to himself. |

**Fingers crossed for a movie**

No comments:

Post a Comment