Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Virgin by Tiffany Reisz Review

5++++ Stars
The controversial story before the story continues in the critically acclaimed and award-winning series The Original Sinners.

For years, Kingsley Edge warned Eleanor the day would come when she, the mistress of a well-respected Catholic priest, would have to run and hide. She always imagined if that day came she'd be running away with Søren. But instead, she's running from him.

Knowing Søren and Kingsley will their use their influence to bring her back, Eleanor alone, penniless and scared takes refuge at the one place the men in her life cannot follow: the abbey where her mother has taken orders. Behind the cloistered gates of the convent, Eleanor hides from the man she loves and hates in equal measure

She cannot, however, hide from her true nature. When Eleanor befriends a young virginal nun, she faces a startling sexual awakening. But Eleanor can't stay forever, and the lure of her real life beckons beyond the locked gates. But to follow her fate means to leave Kyrie behind, a sacrifice Eleanor refuses to make

The lure of the forbidden. The temptation to sin. The price of passion has never been higher, and Eleanor will have to pay it if she ever wants to go home again.


          “It’s been too long since I’ve had the pleasure of beating you and putting you in your place.” He whispered the words in her ear, and she shivered. “Do you even remember your place?” 
          “Underneath you, my sir,” she said. “Or wherever you tell me it is."

     Once again I sit here staring at my computer getting ready to write a review wondering how the hell I am going to be able to do Tiffany Reisz's words justice. The truth is ... I will never be able to do it justice. Part of me wants to stop there and just grab you and shake you and DEMAND that you buy ALL the books. Your life will be better for it. I know mine is.

     At the  end of each book in this series I think I finally have an understanding of who each character is. They have mentioned things that have happened in the past. I realize it happened. But then each book peels off another layer and shares another story. You read the next book and realize that you knew nothing. Mentioning a part of their past is nothing compared to the story being told. And Tiffany does and exceptional job at sharing these character's stories.

     Through how many books have we heard Nora and Kingsley mention 'that year.' The year Nora left Søren to stay with her mother at the convent. That year that Nora became Nora .... the year she was no longer Elle, or just Eleanor. How many times did we learn about Nora becoming a Mistress. I thought I knew ... I thought I understood. Well I didn't. Until now. This book is the story of what happened during that year that both Nora and Kingsley left 
Søren.

          She was a Dominant herself, and when she had Nico on his knees in front of her, his lips on her ankles, her welts on his back, that was Nora. But Nora was only one half of her. 

          “My Little One,” Søren said into her ear as he moved inside her, filling her. “My Eleanor.”           
          And Eleanor was the other half.

     Once again in this book we get to know each character a little bit better than we did before. I have to say that I really enjoyed Kingsley's story the most this time. He is quickly becoming my favorite character. Other than 
Søren of course. ;) We figure out how Juliette became part of his life. I have to admit that I didn't really think about Juliette too much. I didn't not like her, but I didn't quite understand where she came from.

          Juliette nodded. “I know that kind of love. A love like a knife,” Juliette said. “But the knife is what carves us into who we are. Don’t repent of the knife

          This woman is amazing. I love her like I should have loved her from the beginning. She is strong and she is beautiful and she is funny. I love her! Period!! And I love her with Kingsley. We learn a little bit more about Kingsley too. We see his divided love between 
Søren and Nora and we see how much he cares for her. I love this new added part to who he is.

          Kingsley took her face in his hands and forced her mouth to his. He kissed her with a hunger he’d forgotten he could feel for anyone who wasn’t Søren or Elle. He’d thought with them he’d reached the end of his passion, that he’d bottomed out in them and given all he had. But with Juliette he found a new reserve of desire, a deeper hunger, a longing to have something with her he had with no one else.

Nora's story was good as well. We really get a better understanding of Elle's transition to Nora.

          Eleanor replied, “Don’t speak until spoken to.”
 Kingsley bowed his head in apology. She felt something new surging through her veins, something sweet and spiked and utterly intoxicating.
          Power.

     I really loved her interaction with Kyrie and the relationship they formed. I especially loved Kyrie. She was hilarious. I wasn't quite sure about why she was there at the convent or how serious she was. And the last scene between Kyrie and Nora is emotional. I'm not sure I had ever seen Nora so vulnerable and it almost brought tears to my eyes. I'm always a little hesitant when a new character comes into one of their lives, but Kyrie was fantastic and I loved her!

          “Really wow. I love it. I have never loved a story as much as I love this story. I want to read it again. And I want to read more of it. I want it to be one thousand and ninety-five pages long so I can read one page a day for three straight years. Wait. Leap year. Better make it one thousand and ninety-six pages long.”

     I think one of my favorite parts in this book ... probably my favorite parts in all the books ... is when I get to learn more about 
Søren. I love Søren. I feel like I have always seen him so calm, so collected. So God-like. He has no vulnerabilities. He doesn't lose his cool... until he does. There was one particular scene between Nora and Søren that shined a different light on him and I loved it.

          “Everything that is yours is mine,” Søren said. “I own you. Your body is mine. Your heart is mine. Your future is mine. Your decisions are mine. Your life is mine. You are mine.”

     Really, I loved this whole freaking book. The whole damn series. I'm beyond saddened to read the last one. If you STILL have not read this series then stop waiting and go buy them. I know they seem expensive, but these books are books that will change who you are, your soul will be better with them. You will not be disappointed. So, please, I beg you, go buy the books and ENJOY!

     I will leave you with a small snippet of Nora talking to 
Søren while he is in a kilt. I was literally laughing out loud!

          “I’m going to violate you in so many ways you’re going to have PTSD when I’m done with you.”
          “I already have PTSD from this conversation.”
          “Shut up, blondie, and get on the bed.”
          “Eleanor, no. Red. Stop. Safe word. We have work to do.”
          “Fucking first. Work after. You can slice me up like a Thanksgiving turkey if you want. Get hard and lie there. I’m getting under that kilt whether you like it or not.”
          “Rape-play is one of my hard limits.”
          “Who’s playing?”
          “Eleanor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment