Thursday, January 29, 2015

Warrant by S.L. Shiefer Review

Rating: 3.25 Stars

Synopsis:      

    I'm Devon Harper and there are only two certainties in my life:

1. I live to dance.
2. I'm a prostitute.

     Do you know when your life is suddenly turned upside down? Setting in action a sequence of events, you never saw coming.


     That's what happened to me. My story is not a pretty one, nor is it your typical love story. 
My world was rocked at 18 and again three years later.
My life is a series of let downs. The only constant in my life is dance. When unlikely ally, Enzo, enters my messed up life I start to believe that just maybe there's hope for me yet. Trying to get a degree in dance and get out of prostitution might leave me with more to lose than before.


Review: 

     This was a hard book to review ... I liked most of it. I was really freaking into it. I even found the author and sent her messages about how much I was into the book. There is mystery, intrigue, lust, sex, and dark erotica that makes you question the morals of the world. And then there is this romance between Devon and Enzo that causes you to have hope for a great ending for her. It was an instant connection but I like the way the author explained it. It was ok and I loved where it was going. I was DYING to find out who this mysterious bad person was. I was DYING to know the story behind it all. I was DYING to see Devon and Enzo come together. I knew it would be beautiful.

     Then Devon is put in bad situations ... which is where the really, really dark erotica comes in. Then the story starts to fall apart. Which was so sad ... because it was so unbelievably good. Set up to be an amazing thriller and suspense. The problem with some dark erotica is that it starts to let things happen that are there for shock factor. The STORY begins to crumble because it loses realism. There are ways to write dark erotica and keep it realistic. At about 65% this book began to become a book based on shock. I don't think I would have been so upset if my imagination had not gone nuts with the possibilities in the first part of the story.

The ending was the worst.

*****SPOILER*******

     I can't write this without explaining the end with some spoilers. But I will try not to ruin it. WHY did Devon's rescue have to wait until the very end ... That is the most unrealistic thing EVER! Cops: We are going to wait until the last minute to save her .... LITERALLY THE LAST MINUTE!!! And what are they doing?? ... sitting outside waiting their turn?? ... because I wouldn't be surprised at that point. It was frustrating because I had such high hopes.

********END SPOILER******

     I'm not saying don't read this book. Just prepare yourself. There were some enjoyable parts. ESPECIALLY in the beginning. SOOO good!! The ending was just a let down and the story line crumbled. Not enough real answers were given. It didn't add up and make sense. I would recommend to not knock it until y
ou try it!! Enjoy!!

Goodreads
Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment